Monday, August 7, 2006

Confessions of a Desperate (working)Wife

It's time to confess something....this is going to be so hard, but here goes................

















.............................I'm a terrible housekeeper. For those of you who know me well, this comes as no big shocker. But to those of you with whom I am only a passing acquaintance.....I'm sorry to disappoint you. But when it comes to things of domesticity, I SUCK. There's just no getting around it. I was bad when I stayed at home, but at least then I tried. Sort of. Now? Now that I'm working too many hours a week to count? Forget it. The house is worse than ever. I do try to keep the floor swept, because Zoe is down there now and it grosses me out to think about her putting anything nasty in her mouth. But gone are the days of vacuuming the floor and mopping it three times a day with my special neato floor cleaner. I don't know what I'm going to do! We have so many clothes that I don't know what to do with them. I try to sit down and go through them, I get six or seven large black garbage bags full of clothes, I take them somewhere, I drop them off. Then when I return home I find my clothes have mated, and I have just as many as I did when I started. WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! Why, for the love of pete can't I get organized??? Why is it my lot in life to be messy? Why was I born a clutterbug? Why do I keep things obsessively, and have such a hard time throwing things away??

I'm reaching out here, so tell all your friends and neighbors to speak up...leave me some comments, please, with serious suggestions about cleaning with limited time, limited money, and limited resources for help??? And please, skip the "flylady" she doesn't work for me, I just get confused and want to punch the computer. PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'm desperate.....so desperate. And my family will thank you. Trust me........

2 comments:

Jenn said...

guuuurrrrrlll, i can totally relate! go to www.flylady.net

it saved my (our) life.

p.s.
i am STILL babystepping!

Anonymous said...

Courtney,
Since your asking for encouragement, I would love to say that baby steps are the way to go. I know what you already said about Fly Lady, but just start with one thing and keep it going, enjoying the feeling of having one small thing under control. (Like making the bed every single day or keeping one counter top cleared off.)

Maybe if you focus on that part of your home that your family spends the most time in you'll soon feel the peace that comes from knowing you have been a blessing to your family. This one thing just might bring the momentum to do the next thing.

I myself have been suprised at how much I can get done in just a few minutes. Keep telling yourself what a good job your doing!

If you wouldn't be offended, I would love to come over some time and help you declutter. I promise that I won't judge you, we all have to start somewhere. What a wonderful thing that you even care that your family lives in a happy,clean and welcoming environment.
Warmly, Michele (A Hopeful Hollar) :-)