Friday, August 4, 2006

I'm so tired, but it's worth it

I spent the entire day in the OR at Harris today. AWESOME, in one word. I was with a surgeon who happens to be an instructor at TCOM and he had two med students with him today, too. So I got the benefit of being right behind him as he did his surgeries. I LOVED IT!!! I learned all about the awesome workings of the operating suites. I very much enjoyed my rotation in there and I'm begging for another day. I desperately want to see a heart surgery now. But I helped with the count, I helped prep the patients, I helped transfer the patient from gurney to operating table and back again, then I helped transfer the patients to the PACU. Plus I learned so much! The surgeon I was with is named Dr Buchanan. If you're in need of a general surgeon, he's great!! Meticulous, caring, and well versed.

I think I'm the most exhausted I've been in a long time but it's so worth it. I'm giving these kiddos a future they would not otherwise have.....and myself and Michael too.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

one of my best friends here just finished nursing school and started as an surgical nurse- she says it is the best job ever. She always has grousome stories to tell...