Monday, August 20, 2007

10 Things I LOVE About Being A Nurse

1. Job satisfaction

2. I'm proud of myself and the job I do

3. Helping people maintain dignity during a very difficult time

4. Helping family members come to terms with the disease process their loved one is going through

5. Teaching without the hassle of dealing with children

6. Watching students' eyes light up when they make that connection from the classroom to the clinical setting

7. Watching patients leave the hospital, and seeing them walk back in to show us how well they're doing

8. Knowing that I'm giving people their lives back, or helping them at the end of their lives with the grief work that everyone should go through

9. Meeting interesting people from all walks of life

10. Working side by side with other people who feel the same way I do

1 comment:

Wezie said...

Plus you get to wear cool scrubs.