Monday, May 15, 2006

Mom's Day(s)

Sunday was my third Mother's Day....it was fabulous. We had lunch at Memaw's with my Mom & Toby. Daniel played with their dog, Jipsy...he's still talking about it today! I received the most wonderful present from Michael....a new ring. It's kind of a long story, but since having 2 kids in as many years, my fingers have not been quite the way they used to be. My wedding day I was the thinnest I have ever been (or likely ever will be) and my wedding band is now a half size too small. After getting it stuck on my finger and having the threat of it being cut off I have not been able to get it back on. This is depressing to me. Michael knew this. So, to celebrate Mother's Day and our Anniversary (which is May 26th) he bought me this gorgeous ring. It's my "new" wedding band, and it's my new favorite possession! :) Here is a picture! (Ignore the fingernails...I can't seem to dedicate myself to "grooming" them!!)


And, for what's been going on in the lives of the Newberry clan :

We're finally all well. Zoe seems to have miraculously escaped the virus! How? I have no clue, because the rest of us were SO SICK!! Nursing school is great....my clinical site is fabulous, and I feel like I'm doing what I was put here to do. I've always felt that I was destined to be a mother....and I keep hearing that takig care of patients is like being their mother..."that's why they call it 'nursing'!" Hehe...appropriate for me, now :)

How's the weight loss? Going well I think....I'm TWO SIZES smaller than I was a year ago...granted, I was 3.5 mos pregnant with Zoe then, but still....I'm TWO SIZES smaller than I was two years ago, too! :) I feel good, and I'm "getting there" on the body image thing. There are some things I want to fix...and I will, but it'll be a matter of time. As of today my grand total weight loss since January (well, really since late April) is : 33 lbs!!! I can't believe it sometimes....so, does anyone know of a good plastic surgeon? :P

And, Daniel and Zoe...there have never been better children on the face of the planet. I'm serious. Daniel convinced me to let him "hold" Zoe the other day....here's a great picture of that event :

Best Mother's day gift.....EVER!!!!!!! :

No comments: