Wednesday, August 3, 2005

The Great Mouse Chase...

So, Michael and I spent 2 hours cleaning our bedroom and master bathroom and packing those two rooms up....in the master bathroom we run across a little grey field mouse who has taken up residency in our closet. (S)he has made quite a little nest in there, shredding things and pooping.

Well, we scared the little mouse out and it ran into the bedroom....where we chased it for roughly half an hour before we gave up, locked the dogs in there with it and headed to the store to get some traps. I feel badly for it, because I know it's scared to death. But I don't understand how it's still even here! We have peppermint oil, traps, and even one of those electronic pest repellants that plug into an outlet. Nothing. Zip. Nada. The poor mouse is still trapped in our closet, and now devices of death await its every move.

Plus it's put holes in the closet walls. Not the cartoon-ish holes like you see when you watch "Tom & Jerry," but real mouse holes...tiny and close to the ground. I'm just glad we're moving. It destroyed some antique quilts which upset me more than any of the other things it destroyed.

*SHUDDER* ick!

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

How is the mouse today? If he/she is still there maybe you could borrow a cat? I have three cats - none of which are interested in mice, and two dogs who would kill one if they had the chance.

I'm sorry to hear about your quilts!!! That is so upsetting! That darn little critter!!!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I think the mouse might have been captured in one of the new traps we got yesterday. It was tripped not quite all the way to "mouse caught" but definitely past "accidentally triggered." We threw it away just in case.

But it's aggressive, I will say that for it. I just hope it's gone for good. Or at least that I don't see it anymore ;)

Danny Sims said...

When Hannah was a toddler we put traps in our kitchen. Sure enough she found one and "WHAM!" she had touched it and got her little hand caught in it. We were sooo upset, but an angel must have bene there to take the blow for her. No bruises, no broken skin... NOTHING!

God is good.

Kill the mouse. :)