Friday, August 12, 2005

Moving....UGH

Well we've just about gotten our house packed (which is more than I can say for any of the other moves we've ever made!!). We have to be out of here Monday....and we're moving in with my Grandmother for 15 days until we are able to move into our new home!

Exciting? Yep.

But we've got to rent a UHaul to get our stuff to UHaul storage...then rent a UHaul from the storage to the new house. It's MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper than hiring movers....but the catch is finding a bunch of suckers, er, I mean FRIENDS who are willing to help move! We've got help in the form of STUDENT LABOR Monday to move the stuff to storage...we're still working on lining up the help for the 30th....so far, it's just me, myself and I.....since Michael is in school already....but hopefully we'll get some answers back soon.

My back hurts from the packing, but Thank GOD it's almost over. Then two weeks of relaxation before moving again. This time, though, I'll have lots of help unpacking. Michael has been tremendous help packing, and we hope to finish tomorrow and spend Sunday sparkling up our house.

Now if only the yard guys had kept their appointment today....we'd be all set. I am so angry. I called them and he assured me they'd be here today around 4. Here it is, 10 pm, and he hasn't called. I guess I just have to scramble to find someone who can do it on such short notice tomorrow...or at the very latest, MONDAY, which is cutting it SOOOO close!!

Ah well, it'll all work out....:) It always does...

2 comments:

Wezie said...

I guess your in the midst of unpacking, etc....etc....

Just visited your blog for the first time! Hope you like your new home!

It's almost baby-time isn't it?

Katherine said...

Courtney!! I stumbled upon your blog through Lindsey's and stopped by to say hello! Your son is adorable-and I love the name Zoe. I'm so happy for you-I pray that the moving and the pregnancy continues to go well!! God bless~