Wednesday, April 26, 2006

3 and counting....

I've lost 3 more pounds in 2 weeks! Hooray!! That's a grand total of not quite 30 since January. This exercise/diet/breastfeeding/stress thing is really working out for me! ;)

About losing weight : it's hard. I have never had a weight problem (for real, now I know this for certain) so I've never had to do the diet and exercise for your health thing. It's one of the hardest things I've done. Saying bye bye to the junk and hey there to the healthy has been hard! And I've slipped....I've let myself slip so I don't go ape one day and eat everything in sight (and 15 orders of fries from McDonalds). I've had blooming onions, I've had build your own burritos from On The Border, I've had things I shouldn't have had....but guess what, I've made up for them later. It's all about a delicate balance.

I feel better. I feel as though I look better, and that helps. I don't pay attention to the size clothes I buy, just that I can actually buy things in the "Juniors" section again. Who cares what size I'm buying if it looks good on ME? Seriously. But I still hate shopping for jeans. Why do jeans make us feel worse about our bodies than any other clothing item? Seriously. The inventor of jeans should be slapped and hugged at the same time. I think it's all in the cut. You've got your low rise, high rise, mid rise, etc. Boot cut, flare leg, cargo, boy cut, etc. Not sure what they all mean but I like a low to mid rise boot cut or flare leg jean. I like them relaxed in the hips and thighs and I prefer that they be stretchy. I'm generally easy to please where jeans are concerned...I just don't like trying them on. What fits me in one manufacturer maybe fits my right leg in another. There should be an IJS - International Jean Standard. All jeans should be required to fit the same. All sizes should be equivalent in all makes and models. JMHO

No comments: