Saturday, April 29, 2006

How did YOU get here?

Have you ever looked at your children and wondered, "how did YOU get here?" I don't mean that in a negative way, by any stretch of the imagination! But, seriously....it feels like I turned around one day and here I am at 26 with two kids and a husband! Let me clarify that : 2 beautiful, fabulous, wonderful, gorgeous, well-behaved kids and a phenomenal, loving, exquisite, perfect husband. These three people are the lights of my life. They are, in a nutshell, my reasons for existing. But how in the world did they get here?!?!?! It seems like only yesterday I was 16 and excited to be driving. The world was my oyster, I was loving life and being young and carefree. I was playing sports, I was healthy, I was making OK decisions for myself. I wasn't allowed to make any that could turn out to be too detrimental to my future, though, so there was a certain safety net there. But now here I am, 10 years later (OH MY GOODNESS!!!!) and I HATE driving (especially at night and in the rain), the world is still my oyster, but now it's on the half shell; I love life but I'm not very young nor am I carefree. I don't get to play any sports right now (too bad because I LOVE playing softball!) but I do work out, I'm working on the whole "healthy" thing again, and I really need some help in the making good decisions department. The decisions I make today affect not only me, but my husband and children as well. So I'm striving to make the best ones I can, from here on out.

Before anyone thinks this is a negative post, it's not...let me assure you. I am quite happy with the way my life is going, I just don't know where these gorgeous people came from or how I deserved them to be in my life. But I sure am glad they're in it!!!! :)

Tomorrow from 1-4 is the Cook's NICU Reunion. I'm taking Zoe, but leaving Daniel with a grandma. I am so excited! I cannot wait to show Zoe off to the nurses who cared for her back in October. She's come such a tremendous way from where she started, and I can't wait to show people that. She's so precious and I'm excited!

I'll post pictures tomorrow as well as a "review" of the festitvities!

No comments: