Saturday, April 8, 2006

My Lover, My Husband

I met Michael at Church when I was 16. Within two dates, I knew I was in love with him. He claims that he doesn't know when he first knew he was in love with me, but in his estimation it was "pretty quick." In July that will have been 10 years ago!! Can you believe it? Time flies when you're having fun. During these ten years we've had our ups and downs, we've been through the fire together and come out stronger....together. I thank God daily that I am allowed to share my life with such a wonderful man. He's talented. He's a fantastic daddy. Our children adore him, as I do, and he provides for us in the way he's "supposed" to, and in so many more ways. He works his tail off at everything he does. He's always doing little things to show me how much he loves me, and he surprises me with little niceties. I'm the luckiest person on the planet. On May 26, it will be our five year anniversary. We're going to do something really special and I can't wait. We originally had wanted to take a cruise at five years, but we've decided that will have to wait a couple more years...so the kids can go, too. Maybe ;)

Each day my love for Michael grows stronger and stronger. Every time I breathe I think of him and our children. It isn't everyone who gets to be married to the love of their life AND their best friend. I consider myself very Blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the nicest thing that anyone has ever said about me...and then in the next post you call me FAT, what's up with that??

Michael

Wezie said...

I love a good love story.