Thursday, September 14, 2006

5 years and 11 months....

Five years ago on September 11 the world changed forever. Eleven months ago, on October 11, 2005, my life also changed forever. The first, the entire world knows about. The second, only a tiny fragment of the world's populus knows about and would even care about. The second was the birth of my second child, my precious baby girl Zoe. When I look at her, and marvel at how much she has grown and changed I think back on her birth. I think about how she was so highly anticipated, how we prayed that things would go just right and how when they didn't, we remained strong. And I think about the support we received from friends and strangers alike. Today, Zoe is a beautiful babbling 11 month old who sleeps through the night...we're talking 12 horus here, people! But looking at her and loving her makes me sad too. It makes me sad for 2,996 moms who every day must mourn the loss of their child. It makes me sad for the mom of Kaaria Mbaya, and the rest of the families of 9/11 victims. It makes me sad for the families of all of the service men and women who have lost their lives in the war we are currently waging in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is truly humbling to be thankful for so much. You realize that truly, the everyday grind is really not all that important. You understand the importance of being deeply, and truly thankful for each day we are given. I am trying to live that thankfulness in my everyday life right now. I made a pledge to God to live for Him. To worship Him with my actions, not just my words. To allow Him to dwell in my heart. And I remember every day not to forget the sacrifices that were made on 9.11.01, and continue to be made around the world every day so that I have the freedom that I so love and treasure. I will never take it for granted again.

**I will be posting a response to the responses I have received on my open letter post. I want to say thank you to the heartfelt comments, and I want to say thank you for being open and honest with me. I have been, and still am, mulling them all over. And Danny I promise I'll be calling you back again!! :)**

No comments: