Thursday, September 7, 2006

I'm not popular.

I say things other people only think. I'm not afraid to be unique and different, but I am afraid to conform. I'm afraid to stick out, but I'm afraid not to be memorable. And I'm NOT afraid to say what I feel and what I'm thinking. So here goes : yet a few more HSOs that are going to make me even more unpopular.

1. BE THE SAME TO SOMEONE'S FACE AS YOU ARE BEHIND THEIR BACKS!!!! When I do not like you, trust me : you know it. Do me the same courtesy, please. And not just for me but do it for everyone.....there's not a whole lot worse than a fake person. I can't stand it, what's the point? Seriously. And this goes hand in hand with number 2 :

2. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SOMEONE TAKE IT TO THAT PERSON!!!! Don't jump over their heads and circumvent the problem, thereby creating more problems. My mother in law is dealing with some really stupid stuff right now that all could have been avoided if someone had merely done these two things. Have the guts to take your problems (in a loving manner, of course) to the person you have the problem with. If that doesn't work, THEN bring someone else into it. Don't skip out on that first step, all it does is create hard feelings.

I'm disappointed in my Church leadership right now, and I'm disappointed in whoever it was that did not have the courtesy to take their concerns to the source. Yeah, I'm venting in MY BLOG and I have every right to do that. When a Church is so large that they don't have the time or the ability (or is it the desire???) to care individually for each member.....what is it time for? A wake up call? Gee, I don't know. What I DO know is this : All that gossip ever gets anyone is a sore throat from talking so much. And speculation doesn't get you anywhere either. I guess I'm hoping that the person with the problem will take it to my mother in law, they've got the chance to do the right thing, and maybe they'll learn a lesson from this but I doubt it.

It's really too bad that things are this bad....because if we leave Altamesa I'll really miss Danny, Raymond, the Morgans, and Jennifer Moore. There are others, I'm sure, but can't list them all here. Disappointment hurts so much. And loving one another shouldn't be this hard.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you voice your disappointment with your church leadership in person? Or did you just post it on your blog?

What is that you seek from your church that you are not getting? Did you ever tell anyone that you are not getting what you need?

Anonymous said...

We ARE voicing our disappointment with church leadership! And the person who has been most affected by this voiced it in person to a number of church leaders. But, guess what anonymous, they didn't care about this person until she got hurt. They never once reached out to her in her many times of need. They viewed her as a lowly employee, and not a member of the church. They took for granted that she would be there to run things for them, but never bothered to make sure that her spiritual needs were met.

Have the guts to sign your post!

Michael

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

It's really sad that you have to hide behind the monniker of anonymoous. You should have signed your name and maybe I would address your concerns. I do not, unfortunately, have the class my husband has. Good Day.

Scoobies_Mom

Anonymous said...

Michael and Courtney,

I sent you an e-mail last night. I hope you received. I personally do not have all of the details of what has transpired, but I know you are hurting and I am deeply saddened and my heart is heavy. Please know that I am here to help in any way I can. Call me, e-mail me, let's have lunch, dinner, whatever. I love you guys dearly. Remember, God is faithful in all things. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Grace and Peace,

Dean Fry