Thursday, September 21, 2006

Where am I going?

Have you ever wondered what life would be like without certain constants in it? For me, I cannot possibly imagine what life was like before BOTH of my children were here. I think we all date our lives by milestones, be they happy or extremely sad. As I approach my 27th birthday, and my daughter’s 1st I am taking the time to sit back and reflect where I was before all “this” happened. When I was turning 16, I can distinctly remember being thrilled – because it meant I was going to start driving! Then I turned 18, I could vote! Then 21, drinking time (though I did not do it until substantially later). 25, it’s a quarter of a Century…that’s a big deal, right? But 27 – all that means is I’m one year closer to the big 3-0! Now I’m literally “pushing 30,” and I’ll transition from my “mid-20s” to my “late 20s.” All of which borders on depressing! But then I realize something : while I may not be exactly where I’d hoped to be 10 years ago I am where I am supposed to be. No matter what happens, I’m where I’ve been headed my whole life.

No comments: