Friday, June 15, 2007

Purely Vanity.....sort of :)




So, those of you who've known me for awhile know I've never been a very good "girl." What I mean is this : I've never spent a lot of time doing hair, make up, etc...but since I HAVE a daughter now, I feel like it's sort of my responsibility to teach her how to be a "girl." So, I've sort of started becoming a better "girl." Here's a little bit of what I mean :







*Got my hair HIGHLIGHTED saturday and a really cute cut! It was fun, I felt pampered, and when I left out (after 3 HOURS!) I felt really girly.




Here I am getting the foils put in to bleach out my hair :




And the finished product :









*I now make an effort to FIX my hair....rather than just stick it up in a pony tail....I blow dry it, brush it, straighten it and everything!! What is happening to me?!?!






*Bought some cool mineral make up my friend is selling....and I've made an effort to wear make up EVERY DAY since I bought it! Yikes...talk about girly!! And it adds TIME to my getting ready time every day....but I do it. Because I'm a girl.






*I take pride in my appearance....this is a 1st for me, really...I've always cared how I look, but now I REALLY CARE....and it shows, I hope.






*Yesterday I had my eyebrows threaded!! (Thanks, Karmyn!!) And it was a wonderful experience. If you're not familiar with this ancient Eastern ritual it involves the sequential removal of hair by a skilled artisan with cotton threads, who basically plucks an entire row of your hair out at one time....hurts sort of like getting waxed, but the pain doesn't linger and it doesn't remove epithelial cells like waxing. It's incredible, I'm a believer, and I'll be travelling to that salon biweekly to get threaded!! :)

Check out those amazingly awesome 'brows!! And look, ma! No red marks, cuts, or abrasions!! WOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




*I'm still maintaining my weight loss, and I feel good about myself, despite the fact that my trips to the gym in the past week have been limited. But I'm going today, so that will be awesome. I love the way I feel! And it's only going to get better. So there you go.






Here's a picture today....I think I'm starting to look more "normal" in my clothes, and they fit better!! :) YAY!!






Michael got his hair done too, and it kicks major tail!! Here's a pic!!






OK so not as good apic of the hair as I'd have liked...it's red with white tips....like a fox's tail...super awesome!! :) Better Pic :



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know....

You and Michael are THE hottest couple I know.

Cheers,
Taylor :)