Friday, December 7, 2007

MERRY TAGMAS!

Welcome to the Holiday edition of getting to know your friends.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love watching the kids rip into wrapping paper, but cheap paper...no sense in spending a bunch of money on stuff that ends up the trash in two minutes.

2. Real tree or artificial? We have a fake tree that I bought at Garden Ridge for a pittance three years ago and it looks fabulous now that we finally have a Christmas Tree Window!!

3. When do you put up the tree? As early as possible!!!!

4. When do you take the tree down? The latest it's ever been up was...............March I think :)

5. Do you like eggnog? never had it

6. What about Fruitcake? I actually LOVE fruitcake!

7. Favorite gift received as a child? I loved ALL the presents I received as a child....the year I got my pink and purple bike was cool

8. Do you have a nativity scene? I have two, actually

9. Hardest person to buy for? Michael

10. Easiest person to buy for? my kids

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I've received some weird gifts during White Elephant gift exchanges before....but usually people who actually buy me gifts for me do a pretty bang up job

12. Mail or email Christmas cards? Wow, you're supposed to send those out?! ;) Christmas picture cards with family pic on it

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love those Rankin/Bass Christmas specials! And Frosty, How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the REAL one not that stupid Jim Carrey live action one)

14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 22?

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so....

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chicken Costumes, Pecan Divinity, Ham, Mole' Salad

17. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, it opens up your options more

18. Favorite Christmas song? "Baby It's Cold OUtside" is a great one, but the funny thing is I LOVE Christmas songs.....

19. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? I haven't travelled at Christmas since I was a kid

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? who can't?!

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve AND Christmas Morning!

23. What is the one present you want most this year? Peace, and inner harmony, and a sense of security for my family

24. Most annoying thing about this time of year? right now the most annoying thing is the dadgum WEATHER!!!!!!!!! Gee whiz can I have a day consistently under 60 degrees??

25. What I love most about Christmas? How everyone treats everyone else, and teaching the kids about the true meaning of Christmas....and I mean even beyond the story of Jesus' birth and delving into the meaning of giving

No comments: