Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's Been Awhile....

And a lot has happened in a short time. The kids are getting big. I love my job(s). Things are hard. Things will get better. We saw Cloverfield, and are going to see it again Saturday. If I'd blogged the other day it would have been a very depressing blog indeed. I found myself thinking very scary thoughts, thoughts like I was being abandoned by God and that I've really pissed Him off in a big way. It was scary because throughout the last several months, though things have been exceedingly difficult, I have never once questioned Him. I've always turned to Him, and tried to rely on Him. But with the way the tide has turned, I find it increasingly difficult to do that anymore. And when you think it's the rock bottom, and nobody can help, encouragement comes in strange packages, and from the strangest possible sources. Like the Verizon Wireless customer service agent. Like my first patient who reminded me, without saying a word, that someone out there always has it worse than you. Like the fact that even in the midst of all this I still feel loved. I attributed that feeling solely to the love I get from my family, but I have realized since then that the Love I feel also comes from a Heavenly source. So yeah, life might suck right now, but God has subtle ways of letting me know that as long as I continue to keep my eyes on Him, do the things I'm doing, take the positive steps I'm taking, things WILL turn around. Things WILL improve. Things will not stay dark forever. Right? The sun does rise again....yeah?

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Yes, it will-hang in there, friend!! God is in control-I have seen a lot of those subtle reminders too the last few months, which helps me keep my eyes on Him. He will NEVER leave you nor forsake you, and He will always love you-especially when the world seems against you.

I want to share with you the verses from James that have really been encouraging me lately (I have elaborated more in a recent post):

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

Keep looking and finding those subtle reminders-God is speaking, we only need to listen and continually watch for His hand.

Love you! :)

Kristen Ballard said...

Those verses form James have been giving me encouragement lately, too. There are always ups and downs, and I think you have to try to realize that and not get to down during the downward times, know that it will get better again. It's so easy to say all this, and even as my life is crazy and up and down, I have to realize it!