Monday, May 26, 2008

5.26.08

Seven years?? How is that possible?? It literally seems like only a few years (guess I have to say at least 4 though it doesn't feel even THAT long but since Daniel's four......). I'm so thankful that you chose ME all those years ago. I'm glad God saw fit to bring the two of us together. It's been a wild and bumpy ride. We've had our ups, we've had more than what I would consider to be our fair share of downs, and through it all...here we are. I've watched you grow into a strong, caring, selfless Daddy. I've watched the gentleness with which you've handled a preemie newborn, and I've seen the careful "rough housing" you do with our rambunctious 4 year old. Your heart is huge, and God has a plan for us and for you. God. I cannot tell you how wonderful it is to know that He is fully in the driver's seat of our marriage. To know that even if we stumble, it's OK because He's there....guiding us, protecting us, and keeping us safe every step of the way.




I want to say thank you. Thank you for being there for me during the roughest time of my entire life, and for persevering. Thank you for holding my hand, and for understanding when I became a mother for the first time, and for persevering through that. Thank you for being such an amazing Daddy to Daniel and Zoe. Thank you for remembering ME, too! I'm sorry for all the times I've let you down in the past, and for all the times I'm sure will come in the future though I promise to try never to let you down.



We've both changed....a LOT......in seven years, but the one thing that remains constant throughout all of that change is our love for each other. Yes, it grows and changes, but it's always there and it's always recognizable as a pure gift from God.


I love you. And I thank GOD every day that you're the man who chose to marry me....all those years ago.

No comments: