Monday, May 19, 2008

Wow, Can I Just Say................SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (TV Spoilers So Beware!!!!)

3 disappointments in television (yes, I know that I'm lame that I watch THIS MUCH TV but hey it's great distraction!!) :

1. "Moonlight" was cancelled by CBS....HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET!!!! There is NOTHING on tv on Friday nights and they cancel the one show that actually had my DVR going that night? Stupid, CBS, just stupid....now i just hope USA or CW pick it up......

2. The season finale of "Bones......" This is my number one favorite show right now, and they had me crying tonight!!! COME ON PEOPLE....................Not that he's my favorite character or anything, but ZACK?!?!?!?!?!?! Puh-leeeez couldn't it have at least been Sweets??? Seriously. And WTH was up with the tear jerking Boothe's funeral?!?!?! Way to get me going, Fox, thanks alot!

3. "Desperate Housewives" season finale.....fast forward five years.....what the HELL was that all about??? Is next season really going to jump five years forward??!?! That's a little like um, gee, I dunno.....jumping over a great white?

Some Bummers on TV :

1. "Grey's Anatomy...." Good on ya Addison for calling Meredith out "so help me, Meredith, if you let him ride off with that doe-eyed thing....." YESSSSSSSS so even the writers can't stand sappy, syrupy Rose. Boo. 2 Hours of traumatic and dramatic season finale.....and I have to wait until Thursday?!?!?! YEESH.

2. The season finale of "House..........." Number 3 fav show on TV......and again, I say WTH??? First, we have to watch the gut wrenching epic saga of House/Wilson/Amber, which ends in the most tragic of all ways, then we have to see 13 find out that she's positive for Huntington's? (Sorry if you watch these shows but haven't yet....I warned ya!) What a depressing finale....and then to find out that Wilson probably hates House, and blames him for everything, but THANK YOU writers, for showing us a truly human side of House......with the tears, the "I don't want to leave because there's no pain here," and his genuine concern (albeit in his head) that he hurt Wilson. Yay for humanity!

3. "The Bachelorette" though I'm looking forward to it (what is better to watch than 25 desperate women???? 25 desperate men!!!!) I'm sorry to say that my fav from the beginning might not make it to the finals....but we'll see (look out ladies, I'm predicting Jason the Daddy as the winner, though most likely he won't because I'm never right about those things....)

I love to watch TV. I love to escape reality into shows, and some of these shows I've been watching for awhile and I simply enjoy watching them.

My top 6 shows right now :

1. Bones
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. House
4. CSI/Tudors (sorry y'all it's a tie)
5. Desperate Housewives
6. Moonlight (which will be replaced on this list by Ugly Betty if someone doesn't pick up the show since it got cancelled)

Shows I miss on TV :

1. Surface
2. Invasion
3. October Road (got attached last season, now I'll miss it in the fall)
4. The Practice
5. The Cosby Show
6. Beverly Hills 90210

Newly discovered gems of TV :

1. Man Vs Wild
2. Raw Nature

Secret TV shows I like :

1. American Idol/SYTYCD/America's Next Great Band (or whatever it was called)/any reality show where "superstardom" is "on the line"
2. Bachelor/Bachelorette/Rock of Love/Reality dating shows where each night promises to be "the most dramatic in history" :)
3. Transformers Animated (I get more enjoyment out of watching these every Saturday with Daniel than he'll ever know)
4. Family Guy....sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes this show gets it right and I can't stop laughing.....other times, not so much
5. Those old made-for-TV movies that were on when I was a tween and into my teenage years (they're usually only shown one of three places : Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network, or Hallmark Channel)

So there you go.....I love TV!

*edited with apologies to ABC for lambasting the wrong network for cancelling "Moonlight"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two things, hun. 1) Moonlight was on CBS, give ABC a break:)

2)you need to read perezhilton more often, 90210 is back my friend!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

OK I'll print a retraction later :) apologizing to ABC