Saturday, October 8, 2005

The pitter patter of little feet....

Is quickly subsiding at our home....Thank God. Soon, the only little feet doing any pittering or pattering will be Daniel's and Zoe's!

You never really understand what a quiet house sounds like until you've got one of your very own....no extra sounds we didn't order, no loud thumps or rolls, no squeaking. Honestly? The squeaking is the worst. Looks like the first eviction notice we served has been taken to heart. Again, Thank God.

Now, for the second of those eviction notices.....the one that will be executed on Tuesday....today is Saturday. And as hard as it is to believe, we're almost ready for her arrival.....we are having a pre-birth celebratory dinner (so I don't miss it this time -- I got smart, you see) tomorrow night with our families. So, tomorrow I'm hoping that Daniel will be feeling better and we'll be able to enjoy our last full day together as a little 3 member family. I'd like to do something fun, like go to the Zoo. Daniel LOVES the Zoo. Then Monday we'll have our amnio and afterwards I'll be assembling a bassinet, assembling and freezing casseroles, and enjoying my baby boy......for the last time on his own.

It's hard to explain why this is so bittersweet. I just feel like a chapter in our lives is ending prematurely. No, that's not entirely accurate either....it's like two chapters overlapping in awkward spots. Like the editor was confused because the two chapters were so similar. It's hard to see God's Divine Plan when you're in the middle of it, but I keep thinking "the safest place to be is in the middle of God's Plan." Scariest, too? You bet. I am having some difficulty accepting that my baby boy isn't going to be the baby anymore. And sometimes I feel bad for being excited to have a baby girl, which is silly....and I think about these two children and how close they will be all their lives. They will NEVER know life without one another. Daniel is too young to remember the last 19 months, and Zoe will ALWAYS know her big brother is right there for her. And that makes me happy. That is what gets me through these last few hours. That is what makes this an exciting time.

2 comments:

Curious Servant said...

Being a parent is full of these moments.

Wezie said...

I'll be thinking of ya'll over the next few days. As much as it seems that you are in turmoil about the upcoming events, you really have thought it out and will be prepared for anything! Good for you! God has a wonderful plan for you and your family - I look forward to watching it unfold!

P.S. Preston and I went to The Circle Theatre for the first time last night - "Tuesdays with Morrie" - We loved it! We wanna go back for "Guys on Ice"...