Monday, October 23, 2006

"...and Zoe be a parrot"

I had really thought I'd be able to "forget" the whole pirate/parrot thing for Halloween. No such luck, though!! I made the mistake of telling Daniel, or as I like to call him "my little elephant," that he could be a pirate and Zoe could be a parrot for Halloween. He reminds me daily of the fact. In fact, he tells everyone he meets in about five seconds that he's going to be a pirate for Halloween, "and Zoe be a parrot!" So, I finally found him a cool Pirate costume and I am making Zoe's parrot costume. She's actually going to be more of an abstract parrot than a recognizable parrot. We'll see...I'm going to work on it tomorrow night when I have some time.

Michael has night time rehearsals for his fall show at school all this week. My nightly projects, while waiting for him to get home :

Tonight : clean out and reorganize the fridge/freezer
Tomorrow : he'll be home, so nothing
Wednesday : laundry, and do Zoe's costume
Thursday : homework/studying
Friday : make a yummy dinner for late night dinner and movie night with Michael when he gets home, along with my famous "adult" fruit slushies. :)

Saturday night we're taking the kiddos to Boo at the Zoo, I'm excited because we took Daniel last year, and I think he was still a wee bit too young to realize what it was all about. Then Sunday night is the Live Theatre League bowling party...Michael and I are going in period costumes. It started out as pirates, but ended up him looking more like King Charles, and I am wearing a great dress with pannes and it'll be a bear to bowl in but who cares?!?! I'm excited.

Monday I'm off school, WOO HOO and then Tuesday is Halloween. I think I'm going to take the kids with Bebe to the little township firehall festival. It'll be fun for the kiddos, especially Daniel.

I think I've killed quite a bit of time, and now I can safely bathe Daniel and he'll go on to bed without much fight since he's practically asleep beside me on the bed. Zoe's already asleep...her nap was early today so she was in bed by 6. My little wonder miracle sleeper baby!! She's the best little sleeper EVER. Daniel is getting there...we've had a little backsliding the last few days, though. He doesn't want to stay in his room if the sun is still up, so we have to deal with that. Poor little guy. I wish he'd just stay in his bed until morning! He startled me awake Sunday morning when he opened our bedroom door and came in shouting "GOOD MORNING MOMMY!!!!" What a little trickster. It's good night time for little man. I'm going to post a video of him "reading" me his story book earlier tonight. It's way too cute for words.

No comments: