Sunday, October 1, 2006

I swear...he slept!! What a funny kid...


My break is over…and I’m SO SAD!! But, I know it’s all good because in just three short months we’ll be DONE!! Woo Hoo! That means the next time I have a “break” I’m finished! But even more important : Monday starts our new clinical site. And I’m excited, because I really liked the vibe I got from our instructor. Besides, this level we’re SENIORS and that means we have TONS MORE RESPONSIBILITY!! Scary, exciting, and humbling all at the same time.

OK, I cannot WAIT for “Happy Feet” to come out!!! It looks fabulous. Daniel likes the other trailer better, but the “My Way” trailer is my favorite. NOVEMBER 7, BABY!!

Thanks for that little side-trip down distraction lane. Sorry. I am known for my random thought hops. But the profession I’m entering into is so humbling. Too many times now I’ve been asked how I can do some of the things I do every day. Well, it’s easy : if I don’t who will?? If I’m not there to care for, love, and clean up after these people – who will? I feel something pushing me towards Hospice care. But I just don’t feel as though I’ll be effective as a nurse in Hospice. I suppose I will NOT be shutting any doors, however. We’ll see. Wherever and whatever GOD provides I’ll do willingly. Selfish time COMPLETELY OVER…

Today we’ll go to Bebe’s house and the kids will play. I love the fact that their great-grandmothers are so involved in their lives. I love the fact that Michael’s mom and my Grandmother are able (and willing!) to watch our kiddos every day while I’m in school and Michael is teaching. Lucky? You bet your bottom line we’re lucky!!

Now for the bit of reminiscing I owe you :


Friday night was SCS’s homecoming…2006. Though it was 10 years to our Senior Year Homecoming. Anyway, not the point. I got to see a few people I’ve not seen in YEARS…and we’re talking close to 10 for some of them. It was nice. Sometimes I miss High School because our class was so small and together. Even though we picked on each other (what else do you expect from 25 totally different people?!?!) we stood up for each other against outsiders picking on anyone. Even the most outcast of the outcasts…us outcasts have to stick together, eh?? I remember going through that funk after I graduated : wondering how we could all be so close then go our separate ways and disappear from each others’ lives so easily? I think I did as well as I could to keep in touch with those I was closest to. I wish sometimes I had done a better job, but then I realize it’s NOT WORTH beating myself up over. There is history there, and if we’re meant to be friends again we will be. I’m hoping maybe those of us closest (in distance) can catch up and cross the gap. And if not, I won’t go into another funk…I’ve got it all going on for me now!! :)

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I wish I could have been there on Friday-I am glad that it went so well! It is so strange that it has been 10 years...and that we did go so many separate directions...I guess that is just the way life goes sometimes! I can say that I have never missed high school, but I do love how tightknit our class was-that was unique and a lot of fun. It is great to reconnect with you on this and have a view into your life and family...and then this whole myspace thing-it is a great connector!

Well, hope you are having a great week and I will e-mail you soon. Blessings! :)