Monday, April 30, 2007

Well, I don't have pneumonia....

And that is the good news!! What I DO have is "persistent upper respiratory and sinus infection with a secondary infection in the ethmoid sinus." I got a shot of Decadron (OUCH! OK not really, the nurse was pretty good at giving the shot) and a prescription for an antibiotic. The bad news : he forbade me from working out until I've had 3 doses of antibiotic in me. And he told me it would not be wise for me to return to work until I've had 3 full days of antibiotics in me, which unfortunately takes me completely out of work this week. That sucks, because I actually enjoy my job! I felt like such a heel taking my Dr's note up to work today....but I know it's for the best....as my Dr said "not so much because you could GIVE something to someone, as you could RECEIVE something nasty because your immune system is so down." Makes sense to me....and I definitely do NOT want to pick up something evil!

As to the diet : I've followed it so far today, and as is the purpose of this blog it's my confession time : I followed the diet for breakfast, lunch, and snack (so far), but I was trapped by temptation : I wanted some chips. So I made a compromise with myself -- Lays Fat Free half calorie potato chips (yeah, the ones made with OLESTRA)...and I only ate a serving, so hopefully there will be no "revenge" if you know what I mean.

I made a good choice in grapefruits today.

No comments: