Monday, August 18, 2008

I Can't Sleep....

My baby starts school tomorrow......REAL SCHOOL and I'm a freaking nut case.


Maybe I just need to go relax in a bubble bath or something......

Oh sure, I'm excited as heck for my kids! They're going to be with kids their age, playing, having a grand old time, and learning valuable things all at the same time! It doesn't get any better than that!

I don't know why the kids starting school affects me so much, other than the fact that we are now no longer the ones who see them the most during the day. We're "reinquishing control" of our children to virtual strangers, and that is scary. I am handing someone the single most valuable thing in the world to me and saying, "I trust you not to harm this most perfect and precious gift." So, when people look at me funny because we CHOOSE to send our children to a school we can't really afford.....just think about the world around us, imagine if we were to put them in the hands of God only knows who......at least at the schools they'll be in I know that they will be educated by loving people, by people who have the same values and ideals as we do, and that they will hear the same lessons reiterated at school AND at home.

Still, it doesn't alleviate the nerves at ALL......or the nausea........

So, if you are reading this, pray for me please. Pray for this first time mommy who must now see both her little chickies leave the nest and go to school within two days of each other. Because that's the only way I'm getting through this......prayer. And lots of it!