Thursday, December 8, 2005

Oh Christmas Tree....

We have a gorgeous Christmas Tree this year. I got an unbelievable deal on it, too! I went to Garden Ridge and they have this neat damaged section in the far right corner by the Christmas stuff. This tree is a 7.5' pre-lit GE tree called "Fresh Cut Oregon Pine." It retails for $299.99 but I got it for $32.50 because the very bottom branches don't light up. That's what THEY think.....all of the branches light up. It's amazing. And, at first we didn't think it had a top....so we called it the "Topless Wonder." So, when we went to put the angel up there (to hide the tree's toplessness) we discovered that the top had just been bent over. We put it up while Daniel wasn't here so I took pictures when he first discovered it...


In the next picture you can see how excited he really is (keep in mind that it was nap time!) :


I've been taking pictures in various stages of completion...it cracks me up because in the 1st picture the light up jack-o-lantern is visible on our mantle. It's gone now, thankfully, but I haven't quite finished the Christmas display up there yet. We're going to try to take a family picture in front of the tree for a Christmas Card tonight. We'll see....

No comments: