Monday, October 15, 2007

Today....

The temperature was low for the first time (gee it's about time!), the skies were grey and raining, I didn't feel well, and I didn't go to work. The family and I lazed around on the couches and watched movies all day long.

We got a little silly and took some pictures :




The night has turned emotional and I'm feeling sentimental. (I'd hesitate to say "hormonal" for fear of that phrase coming back to haunt me some day, but alas it's almost "that time" so I guess I AM hormonal.) I've come to terms with the fact that each day is a gift. I love the fact that these days with my children are precious, and each day should be special. But how do you find that happy balance of treating each day like the gift it is, but not becoming scary obsessed with the maudlin and depressing? How do you treat the days as presents, but not let your parenting skills suffer? Today I felt a desire to NOT discipline my children because it's just been one of those kind of days....a day where I'm aware of the fact that each day is precious and we don't know for sure we'll get tomorrow. How do you reconcile those feelings with being a responsible parent? I don't know, hopefully the days will get better soon and I won't be so emotionally on edge.
I could use prayers tomorrow....prayers for strength, healing, and GOOD NEWS

2 comments:

jennifer said...

I have all the same questions you do! Time flies by too fast, so it is so important to get caught up in each special moment!

Jenn said...

hey! what happened to the red sofas??? :o)