Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Need More Help.....So, I'm Running A Contest....

I'm running a contest through Wednesday (October 1) for those who comment on this post here, leaving a suggestion as to how to make an Ankylosaurus Costume for Daniel....The problem I've encountered in my brain is how to make the TAIL with a club and do it without incurring great difficulty or great debt.....So, for the next few days I'll be watching for comments and adding names to a hat....Whoever's idea I end up using will win....(unless of course nobody comments!) and you'll win a grab bag from everyone's favorite store....Target! Seriously, I need help so let anyone you know who is crafty know that I need assistance!! Any ideas are welcome!! THANK YOU!!

2 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

First of all, I am shocked that he isn't being a Transformer. I thought he loved those and he even said in school the other day that he was going to be one.
Anyway, for the club tail, you could get some brown fabric and wrap it around some cotton or a bunch of paper towel or whatever you have around the house. I don't know about the tail, but that is my idea for the club. And for the back of the ankylosaurus, you could paint egg cartons brown and somehow attach them to the back of the shirt. That's all I got.

Emily said...

Body: Green sweatsuit
Tail: sew a cone of green fabric and stuff with pillow stuffing (like you're making a cone-shaped pillow). Sew onto the bottom of the sweatshirt
Club: Styrofoam cylinder. Cover in green fabric, attach to the tail with fishing line or clear plastic quilting thread (through the styrofoam, one end of line sew to tip of the tail, other end attach to back of neck of sweatshirt. Adjust length of the line to where when he stands up, the tail is standing up where you want it.)

Makes much more sense with a drawing. Let me know if you want me to email you one.