Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Oh Tannenbaum....

Well, Christmas is long past, here it is the 1st day of February. Daniel turns two in 11 days....and he won't let me take the Christmas Tree down. I finally was able to take all the ornaments off, but when I start to dismantle the tree, he gets upset. Well, I haven't actually tried to dismantle the tree yet, but when I was taking the ornaments off he kept screaming "NO! Christmas tree!!!" And I thought I had a hard time letting go of Christmas....

It is definitely going to come down this weekend. We've left the lights off, the decorations are off (finally) and hopefully, he has forgotten it's there. I told him while ago that when the tree is gone he'll be able to play and see out the window again. He said "Ok." But did he really understand? Uh, no. So once he goes to bed on Friday, whoosh the tree is coming down!!

I gave birth to a child who is officially weirder than me.

5 comments:

Danny Sims said...

HA! I wondered what this would be about, now I understand. Who can withstand such a cute kid?!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

Not Me!

karen b said...

you know the morgans left theirs up all year one time (2004, i think) and decorated it for all the holidays. for example, this month, you and daniel could hang red hearts on it!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

That is such a good idea! I wonder if Michael would go for it?

Jenn said...

we just took ours down a week ago and wouldn't you know, thursday we got a box of christmas presents in the mail from relatives. "see, i told you to leave it up" mckenna said. mclaine chimed in, "yeah mommy, let's put the tree back up and put our presents under it and take a picture."