Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day!!!


Imagine my shock when I woke up at 5am this morning, got dressed in my SUPER CUTE new scrubs, did my make up (WHA????!!!!) and let the dog in (yeah, that's right IN she's a stupid dog who doesn't realize that we only want what's best for her and that staying outside in sub-freezing weather is IDIOTIC)…holy crap what IS that white stuff????!!!! Is that SNOW?!?!?!?!?! I couldn't believe my eyes….AND I didn't spend an hour ironing scrubs last night to be deterred by a little snow, did I?? After all I was supposed to start my new job this morning, and I'm a NURSE I'm unstoppable….right?!?! K…not really, no. I actually got IN my car, wiped off the snow and headed out. I got to the corner before I skidded and almost hit my neighbor's car. When I turned the corner onto the little country road that leads to the slightly bigger road I ALMOST hit a freaking telephone pole!

So I called my new job, and what a great first impression, huh? Yeah, I know I'm supposed to start today but God dumped 3 inches of snow and it's SLEETING on me right now I can't see and I've almost had two wrecks…I don't think I'll be able to make it in there today…perhaps later when it warms up. Of course, the nurse I talked to understood she'd been there since last night when it wasn't snowy and icy! Now I sit here, watching the snow and warming myself by the fire, and I'm just working up the energy to get in there and clean up the kitchen so I can make home made chili, after all – nothing screams SNOW like homemade chili!! Right?!

Daniel is begging to play in the "winter" so as soon as we eat and warm up and bundle up we'll all go outside and play in the snow. I'll make sure we take pictures and then I'll post them!!

I love snowy weather, but I HATE ice……so let's just hope that tomorrow when I actually start my job I can start my job! I don't want to miss another day of my new career!!!!



He's coming to get me with a snowball!! :)

No comments: