Sunday, May 6, 2007

Spiderman 3

Well, I know this may come as a shock to ALL of you who read this blog, but I don’t read comic books. I never have, and I probably never will. (I take that back, I think I once read some comic book they handed out in line at X-Men…does that count? Anyway…) But I am a huge fan of the comic book inspired movies (X-Men, Spiderman, Superman, Batman, etc…) and last night was no exception. For Cinco de Mayo we went to eat at El Fenix (yeah I blew my diet last night but it’s all GOOD because I’m on the “Right Track” and I strayed on purpose so it was much easier to get back on track….it’s all a matter of will power, of which I used to have little…but I digress…) which ended up being an excellent choice, considering the wait at Uncle Julio’s was an HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES!!! Can you believe that?!!!?? People were actually sitting around WAITING to eat there!! I was shocked. Anyway, we went down the street to El Fenix and got sat immediately. The frozen swirl margarita was just as good as Uncle J’s and the chips and salsa were amazing! I had fajitas, and they ruled. I actually didn’t eat that much, but it felt like I did!

Onto the movie…..we went to see it at Rave Ridgmar. Never been there before, but it was a pretty cool theatre I guess. For not having been open very long it was looking a little dingy….maybe it was the lighting, who knows…but I’m looking forward to the new Movie Tavern opening.

First : The Previews – Simpsons Movie (should be cool), Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix (VERY cool trailer), The Fantastic 4 sequel (didn’t see the first one, not sure if we’ll see the 2nd one or not), Surf’s Up (I laughed my butt off at that trailer!! I can’t wait for that one to come out), and Pirates of The Caribbean End of The Earth (whatever it’s called, the 3rd movie…looks really awesome as well and opens the day before our 6th Anniversary…maybe we’ll have to check it out for that special day). Were there more? I am not sure, but anyway…

Second : The Movie itself. I thought it was spectacular. I thought the computer generated stuff was amazing and looked really real. I liked the moral lessons, the sentimentality, and the sub-plots. I loved the fact that it could go either way as far as another sequel is concerned. I hope for a 4th, but hey that’s just me.

I thought Tobey Maguire was great in this installment…I don’t see them replacing him if they want to make a 4th without him. I thought Topher Grace was creepy as all get out. And forget about Venom, please. OH MY GOSH that was the creepiest thing EVER….and what the heck was UP with Topher Grace’s teeth when he became Venom? Yikes.

My problems : there was a kid behind us who was all of, oh I don’t know, FOUR?? Yeah. Seriously. A little kid at a 9 pm showing of a 3 hour movie, let alone a movie with some REALLY crrreeepppy effects?!?! I was super scared at parts, and I can only imagine what the little kid felt. Although he continuously asked “what happened” and “what’d he say” it was like sitting in front of elderly people who forgot their hearing aids! There were INFANTS there as well. I mean, COME ON people…that’s why God invented babysitters. And if you can’t get one (which I TOTALLY understand) then go see an earlier showing. Don’t get your little baby out past his or her bedtime and disturb all the movie goers. Gee whiz…is it really THAT hard to do??! Have some consideration for those people around you. Oh wait. Like that’d ever happen with those people…if they were going to they already would have.

I thought the volume in the theatre was too loud sometimes…does that make me old??

No comments: