Wednesday, June 8, 2005

If Patience is a virtue, I'm afraid I'm not very virtuous

So here is my day today (get ready, it was annoying)

7:00 am -- wake up because Daniel was stirring....go back to sleep when he does

8:30 am -- finally get up because Daniel is awake, talking, and ready to get up for the day (not sure why exactly because he went to bed at 10 last night!)....upon getting up I realize that I am in tremendous pain....lower right abdomen. I think, "huh the nurse never called me back yesterday I better call again." So I do.

9:00 am -- breakfast (scrambled eggs, cheerios, and milk -- I get the leftovers!)

9:45 am -- call the DR again because it's been an hour since I last called, they tell me the nurse still isn't in and that the DR won't be in until 1...so I wait.

11:45 am -- go have lunch with Memaw

1:00 pm -- call the DR back because I STILL hadn't heard from the nurse. Put on hold, they come back and tell me that I had an appt scheduled YESTERDAY for noon today! I say "Gee, it sure would have been nice if someone had let ME know!" They tell me to get there as quickly as possible, and assure me I won't have to wait long.

1:40 pm -- arrive at DR office and check in.

3:00 pm -- yes , you read that right....I finally get back into the exam room, the nurse (who is training a new person) takes my weight (no gain, no loss! YAY!), urine check, blood pressure, then I wait....

3:44 pm -- the DR comes in and we talk about my pain issues, then we talk about the nobody calling me to inform me of my appt issues....she assures me she will handle it. She leaves to check another patient and test my urine...

4:10 pm -- I get moved to the sono room so the DR can sono me. She comes in at 4:15 and says "you have a bladder infection!" Great. She does a sonogram to check the baby, to check my scar, and to make sure everything is still A-OK, which THANK GOD it was!

5:00 pm -- I leave the DR office. I am supposed to be at work right now, but I've already called and they are OK with it.

5:40 pm -- I arrive at work. Yuck.

10:20 pm -- I leave work. Yay.

10:28 pm -- arrive home and vacuum the carpet, put away dishes, start dishwasher, and start some laundry.

11:04 pm -- get online to check email and write this entry

11:07 pm -- take a shower

11:15 pm -- crash out because I have to be BACK at work at 8 in the morning, work until 2:30 then be at Church at 7 for VBS rehearsal. In between 2:30 and 7 I have to cook dinner, finish laundry, and get some more clutter cleared out.

All in all, a pretty trying day.

3 comments:

Danny Sims said...

Yes, but you were never bored!

Jenn said...

guuuuurl, bring that baby to me this week!!!! i will talk to you about it at vbs. wait i won't be there sunday or monday cause i have to work. i want you to bring that baby to me on wednesday or thursday (or both) and get some rest. if you don't now you may only get worse! guuuuuuurrrrrrrllll bring that baby to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn said...

cawll me gurl