Friday, June 10, 2005

Why can't anything ever be simple?

I woke up this morning feeling worse than I've felt since I got pregnant. My bladder hurts (I have a bladder infection) and all I want to do is stay in bed. So, I called work to tell them that I can't make it in. I cannot believe the response I received "Well, it is imperative that you be here. I think you need to find an alternative and be here." What alternative am I supposed to find? Seriously, this is ridiculous. Yes, I missed some work back when I had severe morning sickness but I ALWAYS go to the DR and get a note. I know what's wrong with me today -- my bladder infection. Guess what, I was just at the DR a couple of days ago and there is no need for me to go back.

Why is it that there are people up there who can call in for no reason whatsoever and they don't get the third degree, and they don't get second-guessed. It makes me so angry I could just spit. I really dislike that place and how they run it. I hate the fact that family is supposed to be important, yet when you ask for certain days off to be with your family, they balk. I hate when you ask them not to schedule you every weekend, every weekend day....and they do it anyway. I hate that they are "requiring" me to work on Sundays, when they read the full time requirements to me and it says "open availability on two of the three weekend days (Friday-Sunday)" and they won't take me saying that I can't work on Sundays. I've also made it clear that if they ever ask me to choose between God/Family and work, the choice is clear, and I'll tell them hasta la vista. NOBODY has the right to come between me and my Spiritual life, or my family.

But I digress, which I like to do apparently. The manager told me he was going to call me back. That was over an hour ago. I'm thinking about calling him back and telling him that calling me won't do any good, that I can't make it in and I'll take the silly written warning. Hopefully God will remove this obstacle from my life and place something much better in its place (something that is NOT an obstacle, I hope).

No comments: