Thursday, June 9, 2005

Save some time for dreaming....

Man it's either pregnancy hormones on overdrive, or that Carly Simon song from "Pooh's Heffalump Movie" is REALLY touching ("Little Mr Roo"). I always cry, and right now Daniel is watching the movie and that song is on.....Here are some of the lyrics :

Little Mr Roo, reaching for the moon
Don't grow up too fast, too soon.
Save some time for dreaming...

And it makes me think : do we EVER save time for dreaming? I mean, really dreaming? I'm talking the whole enchilada : the whole shebang : the big dreams. I don't. But I'm going to start.

I have dreams for my children. But I don't want them to grow up with MY dreams, I want them to grow up with their OWN dreams. For example, I'd love Daniel to become a Major League Baseball player....but only if that's what he wants to do. I'd prefer it if he didn't play football, because that scares me too much. (Besides, as his Daddy has pointed out, the only pro sport where the money is guaranteed is pro baseball!)

I suppose my biggest dream for myself would be : to become a trainer at Sea World....it's been my dream every since I was a little girl. I wish I could get a job there, quit working at Old Navy and start working at Sea World. How cool would that be? I guess I could look into it, but it's a fur piece to San Antonio....or San Diego......or Orlando! Maybe if Sea World comes to a city near me....

Ah, well. For now I shall stick to the practical dreams : a clean house, well behaved children, and a healthy marriage. I guess you could say I dream about things that I can attain....I can't be one of those fanciful dreamers anymore.

No comments: