Monday, June 6, 2005

Vacation Bible School.....Oh yeah it's back.

So, after two years being "away" from VBS at Church, we're back. And I have to say : I am so glad that we are. You never realize how much you miss something until it isn't there. I guess part of me wanted to remain bitter and hostile about having "my" ministry taken away from me, but I realized that God just had bigger plans in mind for me!

So this year is "Moses..." and Michael is back as Moses, which he's nervous about because he's been having some vocal troubles (I think he sounds lovely, but what do I know). It starts on Father's Day (June 19th for those of you who don't know) and it promises to be an interesting one! We've got a new Children's Minister and she's doing a fabulous job, especially for it being her "first time" doing VBS. The cast is great, and everyone seems to be getting along....if only they'd all show up every night!

I guess what I missed the most about VBS was the bonding you tend to do with the other cast members. You get to know people that you might not ordinarily "hang out" with, and you realize how truly awesome people can be.

All I can say is I'm sure glad to be back. And I can't even say "finally," because it's all been in God's timing.

1 comment:

Emily said...

And i'll be back soon! I promise! I am so glad that you are both back. It's been great!