Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The LORD reigns...He is a Mighty God....

That song has been in my head all night. Not sure why.

I've been conversing on christianforums.com with a 15 year old girl who selected ME out of the hundreds of thousands of people on that website. She picked me out and has been asking me questions. She is a disgruntled Catholic. She lives in a home with two very staunch Catholic parents...and she has been on a search for Religion. She has issues with the Catholic Church. Issues I can't even begin to understand....but I'm trying my best to be open, honest, and show her there IS another "side" to Christianity.

Which brings me to : Christianity is NOT a one-size-fits-all Religion. At least, not for me. God is omnipresent, omnipotent, and supreme. That much is true. But I do not believe He is inflexible. I do not believe He is some being that sits upon a crystal throne and never involves Himself with His creations. I believe He is a LIVING GOD, a PRESENT GOD, a God who loves us, despite our shortcomings. I believe He is a God who wants us to recognize Him in the "little things." Sunsets. Thunderstorms. Babies. Puppies.

I do not believe in the theory of Original Sin, as I understand it. I do not believe that someone must be sprinkled with water at birth to prevent them going to Hell if they should die as an infant. To me, the idea is absurd. To a large portion of Christians, this idea is one of the foundations of their beliefs. It confuses me.

I will continue to be in prayer for my little friend. I pray that God will guide my heart, my hands, and my mind when I "speak" with her. Please pray for me, that I will help Jesus foster this little lost sheep back into His fold.

No comments: