Friday, July 8, 2005

My child is so smart!

I know every parent thinks that, and every parent is right!! But I really have to say, Daniel is extra special smart! Here is just a small example : he can see a photograph of a cow and he'll say "mooooo." He can pick up his piggy bank (or point at it across the room) and start snorting. We were at the Mortgage guy's office yesterday....there was a plastic cow. Daniel says "MOOOOO." The cows on the California Cow commercial, Chick fil A commercials.....he sees them and says "mooooo!"

But it doesn't stop there, oh no! He tries to put his shoes on his feet, saying "shoe." He says "no" when he really means "no!" He can tell you what a cow, a doggy, a kitty, a monkey, a piggy, and an elephant say (although the elephant sound we're still working on....he usually just laughs when I ask him what an elephant says). He knows where his nose, his ears, his eyes, his belly button, his toes, and his chin are located.

He can say "nana" for banana, "bye bye," "night night," "kitty," he thinks all dogs are "Ti" (since that is our big dog's name). He knows what "bath" means, he knows what "eat" means.

He loves to have his teeth brushed, and he even tries to help!

And the biggest of all : he knows what an "ICEE" is!! He can't say it yet, but he sure does get excited when we mention them! Or sno cones, he LOVES sno cones!! He can eat a whole kid sized one!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

sounds like he is right on for his age! i remember him singing when we were watching the vbs thing. it was cute! mckenna (my oldest) used to do that. once we were in a very, very busy airport at christmas and she stopped a whole mess of people traffic because she was adorably pointing to an advertisement on the wall and saying,"shoe, shoe!" she started taking off her little baby shoes because she wanted the prettier high heels in the picture! they are so cute when they are little!

Joe said...

I say "Mooo" every time I pass a field with cows. I love 'nanna pudding, call the kitty, tell my wife, "Bye, bye," in the mornings before work and have come to realize that all dogs are named "Charlie." What DOES 'bath" mean, anyway?

Soon I'll be as smart as Daniel!

Seriously, he's cool.

Bar L. said...

Did you know there is a scientifically proven theory that certain people "moo" when they see a cow? I am one of them. My son won't let his friends drive with us if he thinks we will drive anywhere near a car.

Your son is VERY SMART and VERY CUTE! Don't you just love being a mom? It's wonderful (most of the time)

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

Being a mom is the best thing that ever happened to me. I LOVE it more than anything (well, almost as much as being a wife and a Child of God....)