Monday, July 11, 2005

What is your favorite Book of the Bible?

Mine is most likely Matthew. I prefer his presentation of Christ to the other three. Matthew is followed closely by John....I like John, because he seems down to earth, and he presents a slightly different view of Jesus than the other three do. I know I'm in the minority of Christians, but I do not care for the letters from Paul. I know it's where much of the Church doctrine comes from, but I just prefer reading the Gospels to reading laws. Not that reading laws doesn't have its place....Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Paul hater by any stretch of the imagination....I love the message of his letters, but I can get easily confused when I read the different letters....the places run together in my mind. Although my favorite verse in the world comes from Ephesians....hmmm.

What about you, what's your favorite Book of the Bible?

3 comments:

Bar L. said...

I can't pick a favorite book of the Bible! It's too hard. Can I pick three? Romans, Phillipians and Matthew.

I really like what you posted on Danny's blog about marriage/expectations/happiness. I keep reading it to remind myself why I made the right decision in not marrying someone.

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

Thank you! I'm reading your blogs right now :) God Bless you!!

Jenn said...

ROMANS! and psalms