Friday, June 30, 2006

My baby boy is growing up...

Daniel slept the night through in his Car Bed last night....and he's in there right now, taking a very good nap in said car bed. I'm so proud of him! I'm also happy that we did not force the big boy bed on him any sooner than this. He's been just fine and dandy in his crib up til now. It wasn't a battle for us, and he willingly began sleeping in that bed. He even stayed in it last night. I think the next step will be tomorrow dismantling the crib. I think I'll probably cry when I do that, but who knows. I'm tearing up right now, just thinking about it, but I know it's inevitable. I just can't imagine...he's grown up so fast that it blows my mind. Of course, he never really seemed like a baby...it's almost like he came out half grown.

And speaking of grown up things he does, he tells me now (sometimes) when he needs to go "pee pee potty." For instance, after Daddy put him down for his nap today and I got Zoe asleep, I heard him calling me. I opened his door to tell him night night and he said something I did not understand. I covered him up and kissed him. I went back in a few minutes to change his diaper (he was poopy and it was keeping him up). That's when it happened : "Mommy, I need to pee pee potty!" I said, "are you sure?" "Yeah. Please?" So I took him...and he did! He looked so proud of himself, and I gave him high fives and hugs and kisses. He's growing up so fast! Potty training and sleeping in a big boy bed....what's next, driving????

We went to the "Zoo Pass" today, which is his favorite place to go. We met some friends whose boys are roughly the same age as Daniel. They're our Zoo buddies. It was fun! Daniel got to see three of the four animals he'd asked to see : Lions, giraffes, and elephants. The only thing we didn't see was "Baby Jaguar," because last time the jaguars weren't out. And I didn't want to walk all the way over there only to be disappointed. He's a huge help at the Zoo! He stayed in the stroller today, which was awesome since Zoe was with us. Two kiddos to one Mommy is a big much, but thanks to my big boy he was perfectly willing to stay in the stroller. Once Zoe was asleep I let Daniel out and he helped push Zoe around the Zoo. He walked all the way from the Tigers to the front of the Zoo. We saw the tigers, mommy lion & her babies (the daddy lion was sleeping), the sun bears, the elephants, the giraffes, and many other animals. For some reason the hippos were gone...not sure where they were but hopefully they'll be back next time.

Tonight is the VBS Cast Party. Chef Preston is cooking Mexican food (enchiladas -- YUM!!), and I was promised a margarita machine...we'll see :0) I miss those VBS folks...a lot. Kind of strange, how you become close to people and then you don't really spend much time with them for a whole year....that stinks, but at least we can look forward to next year!

Now I'm off to lament the fact that my baby girl is trying to start crawling....

No comments: