Saturday, June 17, 2006

Zoe's growing....Our own Charlie and Lola

Somehow it's all happening and we're completely unaware....but here goes : she sleeps through the night (like 10-12 hours at a time!!!!), which was unheard of with Daniel (and still sort of is) until he was around 14 months old. She also sits up all by herself, and can stand with assistance. She coos, giggles, says "dadada" and "mamama" and she has started eating baby food meats. Her newest thing is smacking her tongue against the roof of her mouth and grinning. I am struggling right now, because I also feel she is happier receiving a bottle than nursing. She nurses when it's convenient for her (aka when she wants to), so she expects there to be milk in there when she wants it. Otherwise, she likes the bottle. I don't know what to do, because I am not ready to stop nursing her. I am really hoping we'll make it at least another month. We'll see. The transition is not an easy one for me right now, because I feel as though she's not really ready to wean she's just reacting to me not being right here on demand for all of her feedings, like I was with Daniel.

Daniel loves to watch "Charlie and Lola" on Playhouse Disney. It's amazing how much their relationship mirrors Daniel and Zoe. Daniel isn't as much older than Zoe, but it's so cute to watch him protect her. And he's fascinated with holding her. We don't let that happen too often, and only with mom and/or dad helping. He's not big enough to hold her by himself yet!!

Right this very second I am watching Daniel put on his own shoe. Unbelievable! He can also dress himself, but of course it takes FOREVER, and usually his shorts end up on backwards, but who cares? He's growing too! Here are some pictures of them :

For some reason our computer is not allowing any other pics to be added at this time. We'll do some more later! :)

No comments: