Friday, June 16, 2006

This week....

This week has been insane. On Wednesday I was in the room with a patient when she expired. It was rough. I was proud of myself for holding it together, and supporting the family with words, touch, and emotion. I did not lose it, though I was worried I would. Later that night however, was a different story. I couldn't bring myself to get to the facility the next morning. So I went in late. My instructor was amazing, and she helped me work through some things and I feel really good about it now.

Today I was a nurse!! It was so much fun! Passing meds, changing a catheter, and deciding who gets pain meds and how much to give. It was great! I'm going to miss the facility when we leave, but I'm looking forward to Harris Downtown.

VBS is only a week and a few days away....it's nerve wracking, because it always feels like it's not there yet. But that's only because WE'RE not there yet...right? Well, anyway....VBS rehearsals every night next week (my last week of level 2 YAY) and then the all day rehearsal on Saturday...VBS starts on Sunday. Yay.....

I'm going to post about the kids later, just so you know :)

No comments: