Monday, September 17, 2007

Calling All Independent Contractors....

Interior Design experts, Independent Contractors, people with talent, upholsterers, I'm putting the call out there! Help meeee!!

I've been dilligently plodding along working on my house. Decorating here or there, cleaning mostly, and sometimes adding some artsy flair...??? Here are some little seen pictures of my house, I need ideas, people. I have very little free time to do this, so it has to be able to be spread out....


Here's the official request, too : would someone PLEASE help me reupholster those two hideous PINK (salmon?) chairs??? We're buying RED couches and I want to keep those chairs because they're good chairs, but my goodness why are they THAT color?!?! HELP!!


These first two pictures mean NOTHING if you're not one of the four people who ever saw our master bath before....but I'm sort of proud of myself for this.





The aforementioned PINK chairs (and the three new frames I bought for family pictures)....the red matches our new couches!! :)



This is our mantel, which now has the obligatory fake flower arrangement ;) You can also see one of the crosses from my "collection," which technically isn't a collection as of yet, but it's getting there!!OK so I didn't realize just how strange this picture might look, no it's not for you to admire Rachel Ray in High Definition on our big TV. It's to see our picture collection ABOVE her :)

And, last but not least, here's a cute pic of "monkey see monkey doooooo"


So anyone got decorating tips? This house is very open, with difficult-to-keep-clean, but gorgeous wood floors and I want to do a goldenrod color on the walls in the dining room with robins egg blue accents. [Leslie, I know you're a pro...do those colors actually WORK together?!?!]

I'm not sure about wall color for the living room though, because the entertainment center is a dark cherry GORGEOUS piece, and our couches will be TRUE RED. I want a neutral shade to complement everything that's going on in the house but I want some definition between rooms, know what I mean? Pics of the master bedroom and the kids rooms will come later. Still working on those. Also want to repaint the kitchen....but that's going to have to wait too.




Hope you enjoyed your glimpse into my home. I LOVE my house, but it's so boring and generic with the early white trash decor :) I'm SERIOUS about wanting advice and help so BRING IT!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

first
i'd paint the bathroom! too much beige in there.
second, well, i WAS going to tell you to get rid of the pink salmon chairs. they might be great, but are way too old. but i thought you'd get mad... well, you asked :o)
i had baby blue ones not much different than the salmon ones. they were hand-me-downs from ira's mom's living room noone was allowed to sit in. so they were extremely old, excellently crafted, VERY comfortable in great shape and, well, baby blue. to recover them would have cost OVER $600!
so, sell them, they WILL sell and buy new ones that are more up to date and would go with a fantastic red sofa!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I actually AM going to paint the bathroom....the same color I'm painting the bedroom, a dark dove grey with lighter vertical stripes, painting the cabinets jet glossy black and ripping out that ugleeeee linoleum and putting down black tiles. Doing the bathroom in black and white with colorful towel accents. :)

Wezie and Jennifer G you two need to come organize my life!! :)

oh and jennifer m that video was hilarious!

karen b said...

jen's right about the cost for the chairs. i just had my two recovered and it cost about $600 plus the cost of the fabric. so you can probably buy new ones for the cost of reupholstering. however, my chairs are so comfy that i decided i would rather keep them than buy new ones. and i love how they turned out!