Sunday, September 25, 2005

"Call me anytime..."

When people say this, do they reall mean it? I know I do, but you know what I mean. Someone says "call me anytime if you need anything!" And you can't help but wonder, what if I called you and said "Hi! My feet hurt and are swollen beyond recognition because I've been on them all day, my blood pressure is sky high, I've been cleaning and doing way too much today, and to top it all off my family needs dinner tonight! Would you mind bringing us dinner?" Of course I'd never have the nerve to do something like that, as tempting as it might be! I just wonder sometimes if people are sincere in their offers, or if I were to call would they think oh great she thought I was sincere! The answer is probably simple : most of the time people mean it and other times it's merely a reflex (almost like getting hit by the DR on that special spot on your knee) and the person who said it wishes they could retract it (on the off chance that you actually think they are sincere). I don't know though, do you?

PS -- more tomorrow, but HOW DO PEOPLE LIVE FOR YEARS with no DISHWASHER????? I CAN'T STAND IT!!

No comments: