Thursday, September 29, 2005

Completely Unexpected Surprises

Has anyone ever done something completely unexpected for you? I mean, gone out of their way to be so helpful or nice that it literally astounded you? That happened to us last night. We were just sitting here playing on Daddy's one night off this week, and our doorbell rang. We both looked at each other, because neither of us were expecting anyone. So when we opened the door, there stood Wezie. She had brought us meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and carrots that Preston had made. My jaw dropped. Here was someone interested only in making our night brighter and in making someone else's life easier. I wish I could be more like that. Thank you so much Wezie, Preston, and the kids. We'll be eating your meatloaf tonight and thinking of you fondly!

2 comments:

Wezie said...

This is weird - the last time I visited your blog it showed Daniel in the hat...I'm home with a sick kid today so I thought I would catch up with everyone. I had not read your "call me anytime" blog until now.

You were on my mind all week because of your previous blogs about the move-in and pregnancy issues and I wanted to do something for you. Preston worked in a restaurant during all 3 of my pregnancies and I remember being alone ALOT!

Everything will be fine once you have that little baby in your arms...hopefully the rats will be gone by then!

Take Care...and really - call me anytime!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

You're going to make me cry Wezie...