Sunday, September 18, 2005

Memoirs of a bullfrog

So here we are, in our new home and I should be ecstatic. And I am. But I'm also not. We have discovered that when we moved in our oven doesn't get hot, our garbage disposal doesn't dispose of garbage, and our dishwasher doesn't run. Well, I take that back...it runs. and runs, and runs, and runs, and never advances beyond where you set the dial. It literally ran all night long the other night. And I was too exhausted to realize it until I got up the following morning and it was STILL "washing" my dishes. Add to that the fact that when we first got here, our fridge went kaput and we had to buy a new one, and now our dryer has decided to die. I hesitate to even say "what next" because there are still other major appliances that could say "oooh, me, me, me!!" So, I hold my breath and pray nobody decides to help us fill the Fort Worth City Dump with more broken down appliances.

In addition, the DR has me concerned. She said she doesn't want me going past 38 weeks of pregnancy, which would mean a scheduled c-section sometime around the 17th of October. 2 weeks early, and only 4 weeks away. That just doesn't give me enough time. But here's the kicker : she'd like to take her at 37 weeks (meaning sometime the week of October 10) but the problem there is manifold : 1) I'd have to have an amnio to determine if Zoe's lungs are fully formed, 2) Michael's show in Irving doesn't close until the 15th of October so I'd be completely alone at the hospital after the birth, and 3) that puts her arriving here really, really early....and I'm still not prepared for her arrival. Yes, she has a bed, and a room, and it's pretty much "ready" for her, but there is so much more to it than that.....mentally and emotionally I'm not ready for her arrival. I need some more time to prepare. But I suppose, like all things, it's God's timing and not mine. Just so hard to accept sometimes.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

I pray that God continues to bless you in your pregnancy, and that He gives you a sense of peace and realization that He is in control!! :)

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

Hey Katherine!! Imagine running into you on the internet....we should get together sometime when you're in town :)

Courtney

Katherine said...

I know-it's crazy!! Leave it to the digital age, huh?! We should definitely get together when I am in town-which will probably at this point be...Christmas??!! Things are so crazy busy here...but by that time you will have a new little one, huh?! Hope you are doing well-God bless!!