Friday, January 6, 2006

Crying

Does it make me a horrible mother that I cannot stand to hear my children cry? I don't mean like "I can't stand you," but it's more of a "PLEASE don't cry, my heart can't handle it." Zoe is crying right now. She's sick.....she has a cold, and she's running a low grade fever. And she's crying. Did I mention she's crying? I don't know what to do for her. She's not sleeping well at night like she was before, because she is majorly congested. She doesn't want to be anywhere but in my arms right now, and as selfish as this sounds : I have things I need to be doing. My house looks like WW3 took place in it, the armies ate and didn't clean up after themselves, and then proceeded to have a Fisher Price toy battle in our living room. After that, they took the contents out of our dressers and closets and tossed them on our couch. Mean old fighters. So : I need to be cleaning my kitchen, picking up toys, vacuuming and mopping floors, folding laundry, and.....taking down the Christmas Tree. Not to mention, playing with Daniel and feeding Zoe when she's hungry. I feel horribly guilty, and I feel like a bad Mommy because I can't hold her right now. But how do I handle the crying? I can't stand it, it wrenches my heart. And then Daniel will join in.....if he can't stop her, he'll join her.

I'm going insane. And I start school full time in 4 days.....Lord Help Me.

1 comment:

Danny Sims said...

What do you do with all your time, really?

Hang in there. You're at a tough spot with their ages & being so close, but all moms say it gets better.