Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Learning at different stages of the game...

I watch my kids, and I see two distinct stages of learning. Zoe is still sort of a newborn, but she's taking in her world and learning that certain things she does makes other things happen. For example : she is learning that if she cries just right, she can make someone pick her up. Well, I don't really know if she's learning that, but that's what happens! She is also learning faces, voices, and smells. I know she's known me since birth (well, since shortly after birth), but she's learning other people now. She smiles, laughs, and she is super ticklish!!

Daniel....he's Mr. Independent....wants to feed himself with no help from anyone. And he's becoming Mr. Picky Eater. He never used to be picky, and some days are better than others, but still : we're trying to teach him that if he doesn't like what's on the menu, tough cookies....he'll eat it anyway or he won't eat at all. I suppose he won't starve.

Me.....adult learning is difficult. Not having had to learn anything new for several years makes it even more difficult. But I'm enjoying the challenge, and I guess it's paying off....I think I'm tops in the class. Not totally sure of that, but pretty close to certain. Now if I can only stay there....

Check the family pics later, I'll be adding some tonight.

1 comment:

Danny Sims said...

Isn't it great to see their little personalities already in bloom?