Thursday, January 5, 2006

"Everybody Burns The Bacon Sometimes"

That's the title of my autobiography. It pretty much sums up my life. We all have the days where all we want is some crispy, salty, yummy bacon. Crispy being the necessary desire here. But, sometimes in our quest for crispiness, we burn the bacon. I literally burned the bacon fat today. See, I bake the bacon in the oven (start at a cold oven turn it to 400 once you've put the bacon in there) a'la "Alton Brown." It really does crisp up nicely, and if you're like me and tend to burn everything you try to fry, it does it without burning the bacon. The bad thing is when you leave the pan in the oven, and forgetting that it's in there the next day turn your oven on to preheat. That is what happened to me today. So my house smells like burned bacon grease and there's a faint haze hanging in my kitchen. Lovely. My kitchen now looks like the LA Skyline.....oh well, sorry Michael I know how much you abhor the smell of burned grease!

Moral of the story : always look in the oven before you turn it on.

4 comments:

Emily said...

hey...i responded to your foot post....don't know if you'd check it or not. :)

Emily said...

Also, I forgot to say congratulations on nursing school! I'm so happy for you!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

Thanks!

Emily : about the feet thing...is that something that can just pop up out of the blue? Because it seems that only since we moved here it's been a problem. And my "sexy shoes" which are high heels with hard bottoms, are the most comfortable. Wonder why that is?

Emily said...

It did pop up out of the blue for me, I guess it can just take awhile before your body gets truly pissed off at you. And maybe the high heels force you to walk correctly (cause if you start to walk on the insides of your feet, you'd fall)? Like I said, may not be the same thing, it very well could be new hardwood floors or a stress fracture - I've heard those are painful! But night be worth checking out at least...