Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Nursing School is.....

AWESOME!! Today was my second day.....it's difficult to get up in the morning at 6:15, unless Zoe is awake already. But when I get to put my scrubs on, I feel so awesome. I get to School, and I sit for 4 hours in a lecture about Nursing Theory. I try to be a sponge, and soak it all up. We have an hour lunch from 12-1 and then we have a 4 hour skills lab -- this is where we practice what we are learning. So far we've learned how to wash our hands (harder than you'd think) and how to put on sterile gloves (super difficult). We have also learned that just about everything the nurses I've encountered have done has been wrong. Amazing, huh?

I have more homework than I've ever had before in my life. Or maybe it's just because the homework is due the next day, where at TCU it was due every other day. All I know is : I'm loving it. Had my first quiz today, it was open book thank goodness! My Teacher is awesome : Ms. Mitchell....she's an inspirational jazz singer in addition to more than 20 years of clinical nursing experience (mostly at JPS). She's amazing : easy to listen to, easy to pay attention to, and she goes out of her way to make everyone feel : important and loved. It's great.

Stopped at Chipotle to get dinner tonight : the manager asked me how my day was, and if what I do is hard. I told him "You have NO IDEA." He laughed. It was great.

1 comment:

Danny Sims said...

GREAT!! You'll do awesome.