Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Tired

I think I've done something to my left foot. It hurts, no matter what I do. The only shoes that are comfortable are the kitten heel open toed shoes Michael gave me for Christmas. They're nice, they're sparkly, and they go with anything....except scrubs. And all I'm going to be wearing for the next year : scrubs. So, I am going to have to adjust and find some shoes that are comfortable on my foot. I wonder if I have a stress fracture? We've gone from carpeted floors to completely hard floors in our house. Maybe my feet aren't used to it yet? Maybe I need to be wearing house shoes.....probably.

The new season of shows is about to start on TV. I can't wait. I love my TV time. I watch at least 1 hour-long drama each night, and some nights I have three shows on! Last night we watched Surface (NBC Mondays at 7 pm) -- it was new, then House (usually on FOX Tuesdays at 8 after Bones!) at 8 because Michael hadn't seen it, then we watched Medium (9pm on NBC Mondays) -- it was new, too! I feel like I got Christmas presents from the networks! I hope Bones is new tonight, because I know House isn't. And there are some new shows starting up, but the only one we'll probably add is American Idol. There's just something about it, you can't help but watch.

I have to take the Christmas Tree down tonight, I guess. I hate to, but we need the space to fit all of Daniel's toys. I can't get my house clean because of all the toys. But taking the tree down seems like the final straw on the back of Christmas....it's joined Christmases PAST, and is no longer Christmas PRESENT....now I look forward to Christmas FUTURE, and a brighter, more financially secure future for myself and my kids. It'll all be worth it, in the end.

2 comments:

Danny Sims said...

24 is #1.

American Idol is #2.

Beyond that, not much to get excieted about for us.

Emily said...

Hey, I had a problem with my right foot that was that same unexplained pain where nothing I could do could stop the hurting. So I went to the doctor and he picked up my shoes, set them on a table, and about 2 seconds later said "Yep, exactly what I thought." He then had me walk around a bit before really confirming his theory...I am an over-pronator. Told me to buy a certain kind of shoes (every brand makes them and they look like regular tennis-shoes...not like old people shoes or anything) called motion control shoes for over-pronators and it fixed it almost immediately, even when I'm not wearing the tennis shoes. Basically I tend to walk on the insides of my feet. Don't know if that is what yours is, but it could be something small like that.