Saturday, January 14, 2006

Spitting in the face of God

Why do we do it? As humans, do we feel some sort of need to thank God for His Goodness by spitting on it? Please, allow me to explain, drawing from my own recent history.

God has given me everything I ever dreamed of, everything I ever wanted. I have a husband who loves me unconditionally and who I adore. I have two gorgeous children, one boy and one girl. I have a house, food, transportation. I have two women in my life who I am proud to call my "-mothers:" my Mom and my Memaw. I have just started the most grueling year of my life, with my family's support, I might add. So what do I do? Stupid things that could jeopardize everything. Idiotic things that tell God maybe He shouldn't trust me anymore. Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and hated what you saw there? I have. About five minutes ago.

Giving my life over to God, saying "Jesus take the wheel," is harder than it seems. But it's what I absolutely must do if I hope to stop the cycle.

2 comments:

Danny Sims said...

Hey... Did you get my message?

Hang in there. We live two lives: One we learn with and the one afetr that!

Daniel & Zoe's Mommy said...

I did. Thank you. And thank you for the unending support, it means more than you'll ever know.

I can't wait until this first life is over....I'm done with learning for awhile.