Monday, February 12, 2007

THREE...part Deux

Well, it’s happened. You look up one day and you’re pregnant. The next thing you know you’ve got a three year old! (Not to mention a 16 month old rolling around on the floor, but this post isn’t about her…) Where did the time go? I honestly don’t know, and I don’t think I can tell you. But I know it whizzed by at roughly 165 MPH. And now, here he is…a little independent “man-child” who can put on his own shoes, but still refuses to go potty on the potty! What a mystery… You know, yesterday was his party and it just felt like such a short time ago I was in labor with him. In many ways, though, it feels like it’s actually been three whole years. Three wonderful years, and I’ll tell you why I love him…but I’ll only give you 3 reasons…

1) Hugs & Kisses – he gives the most amazing hugs and sweet little kisses. And he’ll give them to EVERYONE : me, Dad, Zoe, even a total stranger!! And the best of all? The unsolicited kisses and hugs…the ones where you don’t ask for one, he just offers…indescribable
2) Speaking of strangers – he’s never seen one, never ever ever. And he’s so incredibly friendly to EVERYONE he meets. I love that about him, but it means I have to watch him closely.
3) He’s polite. He says “please” and “thank you” and he’s working so hard on remembering to say “yes ma’am” and “no sir.” He’s awesome.
And of course, he’s cute. He’s got these beautiful blue eyes that only God knows where they came from, and he’s got this dirty blonde hair, which I imagine will probably turn brown somewhere down the road. He’s tall and skinny, but there’s not an awkward bone in his body. He has pudgy little cheeks, sweet little hands that are so soft, and the cutest little feet and ears. He’s a perfect little creation, and I’m so thankful for him. Every day I marvel at how God chose to Bless us with this Angel in human form. Even when he’s grumpy, he’s an angel.

This morning he is very excited about his “really birthday” and going to Olive Garden with is daddy, mommy, and baby sister. Speaking of which, it’s about time to get ourselves ready to go meet Daddy. I’ll post OG pictures later from our family dinner on his “really birthday.”

He sang “You Are My Sunshine” to me this morning, and I cried.

No comments: