Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Two Things....

1) Nah Nah fish died. I'm not entirely sure why, but his death made me very sad. I cried, and Daniel told me it wasn't my fault, but I still cried...the fish was a year old! I mean, bettas don't live much longer than that do they? He was OK on Sunday then yesterday I went to check on him, and he was gone. Perhaps it's simply because I don't like things to die, no matter what they are. That and I didn't know what to say to my 3 year old...so when he asked, I told him Nah Nah was in fishy heaven. He seemed satisfied with that. So now what, do we get a new fish? Or what? Daniel asked for a turtle, like Tuck, but aren't they difficult to care for? I liked the hands-off nature of the fish. I'd actually like to put the fish in his room but I can't do that yet, he's still all about dropping stuff in the tank.... I don't know, and I haven't had the heart to tell my mom yet. She's the one who gave Daniel Nah Nah fish last year for his 2nd birthday...

2) Happy Valentine's Day. I'll post some pictures later. Tomorrow night Michael and I are going to celebrate the heart day at Texas de Brazil...if you've never been there, you should.


Still trying to overcome the trauma associated with something dying...

No comments: